The information below applies to Friday Night Battles and our fledgling tournaments. These rules may also be applied or referred to during tournaments other than those listed above.
1 – REGISTRATION
1.1 Registration for the tournament will open at 8.00pm AEST/AEDT.
1.2 A tournament organiser will announce the opening of registration.
1.3 To sign up, provide your CFN ID within the tournaments channel after the above announcement has been made.
1.4 Friday Night Battles are limited to 32 participants.
1.5 It is up to the discretion of the organisers whether a player may participate in any Team WP tournaments.
2 – BRACKETS AND SEEDING
2.1 The tournament will be seeded based upon League Points earned during the tournament season.
2.2 Participants who have not earned any League Points in the current season will be randomly seeded.
2.3 The brackets will be arranged in a double-elimination format.
2.4 Once the brackets are finalised, an organiser will post a link to the finalised brackets and announce that the tournament has begun.
- The bracket may be viewable before the tournament officially starts.
- In this case, DO NOT begin arranging your games – the bracket is subject to change at any time before the official start of the tournament.
3 – TOURNAMENT START
3.1 The tournament will start shortly after 8:30pm AEST/AEDT.
3.2 An organiser will announce that the tournament has started within the tournaments channel and post a link to the finalised brackets.
3.3 Changes will not be made to the brackets once the tournament has started.
4 – FIGHT ARRANGEMENTS AND FORMAT
4.1 Once the tournament has started and the finalised brackets have been posted, contact your opponent via direct message on Discord in order to arrange your fight.
4.2 Do not arrange your fights on the tournaments channel.
4.3 Each match is to be played in the first to 2 games format with 3 rounds lasting 99 seconds each.
4.4 Lobbies are to be created with a minimum of 3 slots.
4.5 An organiser may ask a participant to play their match on stream.
- If this occurs, do not start your next match and await an invitation to the stream lobby.
- Participants will be notified of any match to be streamed via the tournaments channel.
4.6 In the event that an opponent cannot be contacted, the unreachable participant will be given 5 minutes to respond and attend their match.
- Failure to respond or attend after this time will result in disqualification from that game.
4.7 The loser of a game may change their character for the next game.
4.8 Once a match has finished, participants must report the results within the tournaments channel in the following format:
- WIN your name LOSE opponent’s name and score of game for example 2-1 in a first to two match.
4.9 Participants who have reached Top 8 and onwards must play all matches in the first to 3 games format.
4.10 Grand finals will be played in the first to 3 games format.
- If the winner of the first set is from the losers bracket, a bracket reset will take place and a further set of first to 3 games are to be played in order to determine the winner of the tournament.
4.11 The following stages are banned:
- Kanzuki Family Beach
- Skies of Honor
- The Grid
- Flamenco Tavern
4.12 Any use of macros, rapid fire buttons or any similar methods are not permitted.
5 – DISCONNECTIONS AND CRASHES
5.1 Participants who disconnect from the game or whose game crashes will forfeit the game they are currently playing.
If they cannot re-connect within 5 minutes, they will forfeit the entire match.
5.2 If both players are disconnected during a game, the current game is to be replayed from the beginning.
5.3 If one or both participants are experiencing unacceptable lag or any other type of dispute, the match is to be stopped after the current game and an organiser contacted.
5.4 An organiser will attempt to determine the cause of the lag by monitoring the participant's connection bars.
- If both participants display a constant 5 bar connection to the organiser, an individual connection test will be conducted with each participant and the organiser.
5.5 If an organiser is unable to determine where the source of the lag is, the participants must continue to play irrespective of the lag.
5.6 In the event of any connection issues or disputes, participants must co-operate with the tournament organisers and closely follow their instructions.
6 – LEAGUE POINT DISTRIBUTION
6.1 League points will be awarded to the Top 8 finalists in the following distribution:
1st = 20 points
2nd= 17 points
3rd= 15 points
4th= 12 points
5th= 8 points
7th= 5 points
6.2 League points are tallied after each tournament and will be used to seed subsequent tournaments.